DL Full Form Friends, in this article, we’ll look at the full form of the DL. If this is your first time applying for a driver’s license. So, first and foremost, you must apply for a Learning License. Yes, no driver obtains a driver’s license without first obtaining a Learning License (LL). You can also apply for a Learning License online by filling out the form and attaching the required papers. You will be issued a learning license after passing the driving exam. Which is good for six months. You have six months to apply for a complete driver’s license.
DL Full Form
DL is a full form Driving License. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, issues it as a mandatory document for the driver. permission to operate, etc. If you do not have this, you will be prohibited from driving a vehicle in a public location, such as on the road, under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
DL: Driving License
There is a punishment provision for anyone who does not follow this guideline. If you need to drive a vehicle lawfully, you must apply for a driver’s license and have it manufactured within a particular time frame, according to your needs. It is incredibly simple to make.
Documents needed to obtain a DL (Driving License)
(a) Age certificate documentation requirements –
- Certificate of Birth
- Pan Card
- Certificate of matriculation in a passport
(b) Address verification documents –
- Card Aadhar
- bill for electricity
- Card of rations
- voter registration card
- LIC Bond
- You can pick up an application form at your local R.T.O. or download it through the internet portal by selecting your state from the drop-down menu.
- When requesting a passport-size photograph (learning licence).
- For the Permanent Driving License, one passport-size photograph is required.
- Application fee is determined by the requirements.
- If you live in a different state or city, you can use the energy or gas bill as proof of address there.
- A certified Government Doctor must attest a Medical Certificate Form-1.
- A medical certificate is required for applicants above the age of 40.
Format of driver’s license
- In India, there is a driving license format that determines which state and city the vehicle belongs to, such as UP-52-2019-044957 if your license card number is UP-52-2019-044957.
- The first two characters in this code show the state in which the car is registered.
- The city of his state is shown by the digit (52) following UP (Uttar Pradesh). Different cities have their own codes. The year the license is issued is 2019, and the following digit symbolizes the user’s unique identification.
- The Government of India, Ministry of Road Transport and State, issues DLs in various formats.
DL Types in India
- You can select the vehicle type that best suits your needs.
- Motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50 cc or less
- Motorcycles with gear, and motorcycles with an engine capacity of 50 cc or more.
- For motorcycles (LMV) vehicles.
- All varieties of motorcycles with gear.
- Motorcycles with no gears, such as scooters (without gear)
- Non-transport purposes LMV (Light Motor Vehicle).
- Commercial use of an LMV (Light Motor Vehicle).
- Heavy-duty passenger vehicle.
- Vehicle for transporting heavy passenger goods.
- Candidates with a heavy vehicle driver’s license can apply for a heavy trailer license.
The applicant must be at least 18 years old and have parental or guardian consent. He should be familiar with traffic laws and regulations, as well as possess the proper identification and proof of address.
If a person meets the above requirements, he or she can take an online test to receive LLR, which is good for six months. After 6 months, the LLR holder must return to the RTO to take the driving exam, which must be passed in order to receive a permanent license.