NBA Full Form Friends, in this Artical, we’ll look at the full form of NBA. NBA and NAAC were established in order to recognize Indian educational institutions and the curricula taught in those institutions. NBA is one of two bodies that are vital for the recognition of higher educational institutions in India. NBA (National Board of Accreditation) is an essential organisation for accreditation of higher educational institutions in India, alongside NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council). The NBA is classified as both a teaching and a scientific organization.
NBA was founded in 1994 by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), but it was not recognized as an independent entity until 2010. All AICTE-accredited programs are evaluated and accredited by the NBA. In Delhi, the NBA’s headquarters are located.
- 1 NBA Full Form
- 1.1 In India, there are a number of NBA-accredited courses.
- 1.2 NBA accreditation’s goals are as follows – NBA Full Form
- 1.3 Who is accredited by the NBA?
- 1.4 The Most Important Prerequisites for Obtaining NBA Accreditation
- 1.5 The Advantages of Obtaining NBA Accreditation
- 1.6 NBA-related information – NBA Full Form
NBA Full Form
NBA full form is National Board of Accreditation. Its primary purpose is to recognize programs or courses. The NBA was founded by the AICTE in 1994 and became self-governing in 2010. NBA is dedicated to evaluating the quality potential of AICTE-approved programs in engineering and technology, management, pharmacy, and architecture at the diploma and postgraduate levels.
NBA: National Board of Accreditation
In India, there are a number of NBA-accredited courses.
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Computer Applications
- Applied Arts and Crafts
- Engineering & Technology
NBA accreditation’s goals are as follows – NBA Full Form
- Its major goal is to ensure that you have a solid academic base to advance in your professional career.
- It fosters new ways in engineering and related subjects education, as well as providing advice and guidelines for educational programs.
- It makes recommendations to educational institutions for the enhancement and growth of educational programs.
Who is accredited by the NBA?
NBA was founded with the goal of evaluating the quality of technical programs offered in educational institutions at all levels, from diploma to postgraduate.
Engineering and management programs are accredited by the NBA. like-
- Engineering and Technology
- Architecture, Applied Arts and Crafts
- Computer Application
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- Parameters of NBA for Accreditation
The Most Important Prerequisites for Obtaining NBA Accreditation
- NBA, like NAAC, does not recognize a full educational institution; instead, it recognizes a specific course and related branch.
- NBA recognition is available at the institutional and program levels.
- In which case, the following considerations must be made.
- The NBA ensures that the infrastructure required for a specific educational program is present on campus, as well as that all necessary facilities are available to students.
- The NBA also looks at how well the institute’s learning and teaching environments are kept in top shape.
- What aspects of the syllabus need to be enhanced, as well as what shortcomings can be addressed.
- The NBA also looks at how the curriculum is put together. If there is a need for improvement, the NBA committee will make recommendations for change.
- Recognition is provided based on how the institute’s library, laboratory, and computer lab are organized, keeping all of these factors in mind.
The Advantages of Obtaining NBA Accreditation
Because the NBA’s quality control committee devotes the most attention to quality control, NBA-affiliated universities or institutions are thought to deliver the best education.
Gives your degree more strength. When you apply for a job in a company, your degree is valued more highly. Although each university can choose whether or not to be accredited, the AICTE announced in 2017 that it would not provide accreditation to universities that had failed to accredit at least half of the programs they had previously taught.
The Indian education system has advanced significantly in recent years and decades, with the NBA at the forefront of this transformation. By far the most important measure for evaluating the success of diploma, bachelor’s, and master’s courses taught in India is the NBA. The government agrees, which is why the AICTE has granted NBA the right to receive accreditation for engineering and management programs by 2022.
The NBA wants to become an international standards accrediting agency. Since 2014, it has been a signatory to the Washington Agreement. As a member of this Agreement, the NBA ensures that programs that are recognized by other members get proper equity.
The following is the procedure for obtaining NBA accreditation:
After learning about the significance of the NBA, we now know how to obtain NBA certification. It generally consists of six stages —
- We must first assess our readiness and register for the NBA.
- Following that, we must create a self-evaluation report (SAR).
- Following that, we must apply for NBA and submit a SAR.
- The NBA team then pays it a visit and evaluates it.
- Following that, we must submit the EAC’s evaluation report and suggestion.
- Following that, the academic advisory group makes the accreditation decision.