NREGA Full Form Friends, in this Artical, we’ll look at the full form of NREGA. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, adopted by Parliament on September 7, 2005, is an employment guarantee scheme in India. Adult members of any rural family who are ready to conduct public work-related unskilled labor at a statutory minimum salary of Rs.220 per day are eligible for 100 days of employment every financial year under the scheme. The national government spent Rs 40,100 crore on this scheme in the 2010-11 fiscal year.
This legislation was enacted with the goal of enhancing the purchasing power of rural people, particularly those in rural India who work in semi-skilled or unskilled employment, whether or not they are poor. Women make up around a third of the fixed workforce. The government plans to create a call center, which will be accessible via a duty-free number of 1800-345-22-44 once it is operational.  It was originally known as the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), but on October 2, 2009, it was renamed.
NREGA Full Form
NREGA full form is National Rural Employment Guarantee Act. The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), formerly the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), is an Indian job guarantee scheme that was enacted into law on August 25, 2005. The NREGA Yojana gives a hundred-day legal guarantee. Adult members of every rural household willing to conduct unskilled manual labor are employed every fiscal year.
NREGA: National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
Why was NREGA established in the first place?
The goal of this initiative is to ensure that individuals in all rural parts of India have stable employment. Fixed work is supplied to rural Indians on 14 days of the month under the NREGA. Dr. Manmohan Singh, the then-Prime Minister, launched this program in 2005. It was planned that one adult member of every family living in rural India would be employed for 100 days per year under this scheme.
This pattern was designed with two key goals in mind. The primary goal was to provide work to rural residents so that they could earn a living. At the same time, the scheme’s second goal is to allow work to be done on the villages’ development.
Roads, ponds, and other development projects are also completed in villages under this program. MNREGA provides pay to the village’s unskilled and less educated residents.
Beginning of NREGA – NREGA Full Form
Until date, crores of rural people in India have been employed through this scheme, which began in 2005. According to a 2008 study, MNREGA has provided employment to approximately 86 crore individuals.
The NREGA is the only program in the world that guarantees people jobs. That is, you have the legal right to work under this program. No one has the authority to deny you or deem you ineligible for this. If you are over the age of 18, you can also register with MNREGA to find a job.
This system has a unique characteristic in that 1/3 of the total job openings are earmarked exclusively for women. As a result, the number of women working under NREGA outnumbers the number of men. As a result, this strategy places a strong emphasis on women’s empowerment.
How do I get a job at MNREGA?
- For many years, the MGNREGA program has been used to alleviate poverty in rural areas.
- At least one member of the family will be paid on a daily basis for at least one hundred days a year under this arrangement.
- This will allow the working member to save the family in the event of hunger.
- If he is required to work 5 kilometers away from his home, he will be reimbursed for his travel expenses.
- He will be offered unemployment benefits if there is no work in the village.
- The major goal of this program is to provide jobs and labor power in the village so that development projects like as bridges, roads, culverts, ponds, and canals may be completed.
- Specifically, some happiness can be brought into the life of landless farmers and peasants by giving employment during times of extreme rain, drought, and other natural calamities.
- You can contact your Gram Panchayat if you want to work in MNREGA as well. You must first create a job card that is linked to your bank account in order to do so. Following that, whenever you work, your money will be transferred to your account via DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
MNREGA goal – NREGA Full Form
Friends, let us inform you that MNREGA has been developed as the world’s largest and most ambitious social initiative, with several key objectives in mind.
- The following are the objectives for which it was created.
- It was created with the goal of reducing rural-to-urban migration.
- It was designed to be used in rural areas for the construction of roads, canals, ponds, and wells.
- It is intended to build rural infrastructure with the help of rural labor.
- It was established to achieve social inclusion by boosting the poor’s livelihood basis in the village.
- Friends, its main goal is to increase the livelihood security of those living in rural areas by ensuring 100 days of wages.
- Apart from that, MGNREGA has been created with a variety of other goals in mind.