SDM Full Form Friends, in this article, we’ll look at the full form of the SDM. He has complete control over all work in whichever district he is assigned to. He also has a separate support system and a government vehicle that he was provided for his upbringing while working for the government. After hearing all of this, you may have a better understanding of how powerful an SDM is. But today we’ve come to inform you about SDM in its entirety. SDM complete form is full form other than Sub-Divisional Magistrate, as you will find out if you seek on the Internet or in many other locations.
SDM Full Form
SDM full form is Sub Divisional Magistrate. If we talk about their work, it is spread across 29 states in India, with several districts in each. In this case, having one SDM in each district is critical. In our own nation, India, the Criminal Procedure Code of 1973 establishes a number of magistrate positions for sub-divisional magistrates.
SDM: Sub Divisional Magistrate
We all know that in today’s world, every district has a sub-divisional judge or SDM. SDM’s primary responsibility is to oversee all land and business in his district. And the SDM has an account of all of the lands in the district.
Who is SDM?
The District Magistrate is the most powerful person in any district; he has complete authority, and the SDM has the same authority at the divisional level. The SDM is in charge of many projects in the district. They do a variety of tasks, including conducting district elections, implementing lockdowns, and issuing licences, among others. Because SDM is a strong position, he or she receives a large income. In addition to the compensation, the government provides several benefits.
SDM (Sub Divisional Judge) is an abbreviation for Sub Divisional Judge. Every district has an SDM who is responsible for all land-related matters in the district as well as the accounting for all land in the district. All of the Tehsildars in the SDM’s subdivision is under his direct jurisdiction.
Apart from that, an SDM’s job entails registering marriages, performing other types of registrations, issuing licences, renewing them, electing members of the Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha in the states, issuing certificates, and many other duties. Is. Apart from that, the SDM is responsible for a variety of judicial tasks, including the imposition of a district curfew, the Criminal Procedure Code of 1973, and a number of minor acts.
What are the steps to becoming an SDM officer?
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and the Public Service Commissions of the states recruit for SDM positions; to become an SDM, you must pass either the UPSC or the PCS examination. Both of these exams are divided into three sections, the first and second of which are written and the third of which is an interview. You must also be successful in the interview after passing the written test.
Every state, my friends, has its own commission that administers the civil service exam. SDM is the most important post in the state’s civil service test; every student who passes this exam is immediately appointed to the position of SDM. The same student who passes the UPSC test becomes an IAS officer, and an IAS officer’s initial position while in training is that of an SDM.
Friends, it is now up to you to decide which exam you will take. It will take a lot of effort to pass both examinations; you will need to put in a lot of effort.
Eligibility to work as an SDM
- To work as an SDM, you must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Only after graduation will you be eligible to apply for this position.
- To become an SDM, you must be at least 18 years old.
- For each category, there is a separate age limit for taking the SDM exam.
- For the General Category, the age limit is 21 to 40 years old.
- For Students in Other Backward Classes Age limit: 21 to 45 years old
- For SC and ST, the age limit is 21 to 45 years old.
- PWDs must be between the ages of 21 and 55.
SDM’s remuneration and facilities
- SDM is a prominent position that comes with a significant income and respect. An SDM earns roughly $55,000 per year and is provided with numerous government benefits.
- The government provides the vehicle and driver to the SDM.
- From the government’s perspective, a home to live in, security guards, and servants to work in the house all meet.
- All bills, such as mobile phone bills and water bills, are paid by the government.
- When he goes out on government business, the government makes sure he has a comfortable place to stay.
- There is also time off for additional study.
Opportunities for advancement
Students who pass the UPSC exam and become SDM have a better chance of being promoted. Students that pass the PCS exam and become SDMs advance at a snail’s pace.